Tom Nittoli's Reviews > Twilight Eyes

Twilight Eyes by Dean Koontz

Dec 31, 11

Read from December 29 to 31, 2011 — I own a copy

It's worth noting that the ratings for all Dean Koontz books is on a scale of it's own and they're being judged amongst themselves. Watchers, although read in 7th grade, is the pinnacle work and the 5 star mark. I have only Door to December and Strangers to read before I get a chance to reevaluate this childhood classic. From what I'm gathering from the 20 or so books I've read leading up to it .... I'm in for some disappointment.

This novel suffers from the same problem that all Koontz books seem to have. There's a pretty solid intro with a nice setting a few glimpses of uniqueness and by the time you reach part two all that vanishes and you're left with the same newly found romantic interests battling some super natural power with the same damn guns, and a golden lab/retriever every other time.

On a positive note the setting of the circus during the 1960's caught my eye and was enjoyable for as long as it lasted. Other than that from the moment the word "Goblin" was spoken to the last page with the miraculous ending I slowly shook my head side to side as I continue to question Mr.Koontz's tired, trite, and boring formula.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight Eyes.

12/29/2011 page 150
12/31/2011 page 200
43.0% "As god as my witness I'll finish this book by tomorrow!"
12/31/2011 page 292
63.0% "It's funny to me that this book started in a traveling circus during the 60's."