Sam's Reviews > The Discworld Graphic Novels: The Colour of Magic & The Light Fantastic

The Discworld Graphic Novels by Terry Pratchett

M 50x66
Dec 29, 11

Read in December, 2011

This is a graphic book version of two of the Discworld books, "The Colour of Magic" and "The Light Fantastic". This book is something I read maining since my daughter lent it to me; I have only read two Discworld books before, and do I not read graphic novels much. So, perhaps I am not the best reviewer. Nonetheless, I was a bit underwhelmed.

I had read the original book version of the first half, "The Colour of Magic", many years ago. So the story line was recognizable. The problem is that many plot elements are omitted, and the plot line that survives in the graphic novel comes across as disjointed, with many things happening for no apparent reason. Also, in the original, Pratchett brings in a lot of clever ideas and clever word play, and only part of this survives in the graphic novel.

It was still a fun read. The drawing was acceptable, but did not strike me as highly original and engaging. In the end, this book is best suited for someone who is a fan of the Discworld series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Discworld Graphic Novels.