Amy's Reviews > Angel Burn

Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly

I was really excited when I heard about this book, and was even more excited to finally get a chance to sit down and read it. I love angels, their concept, their history, and I hate to admit it, but I was excited to see angels cast as a group of dicks (for lack of a better word) I am a huge fan of the show Supernatural, and one of the best parts was when they introduced the angels into the show, and they really didn’t care all that much about people (or care as much as we have always thought them to) I thought it was awesome. I love when something considered good and pure is cast as..well…a dick.

Below per tradition (or laziness) is a quick blurb about the story…

Angel is a young-adult trilogy romance thriller fantasy and supernatural. The novel has angels, but instead of good angels they are dark angels. Willow is a sixteen-year-old girl who discovers she is half-angel; she meets Alex, who is actually there to kill her, but instead he falls in love with her.

Alright, so Willow was a female character I could enjoy reading about. The ability to see a person’s future (or a path of it per say) was interesting. I enjoyed the fact that she was a tomboyish outcast (not horribly so but enough that I could enjoy her) who worked on cars (that to me was awesome, because I am an odd tomboy who is very good at working on cars) and spent time trying to reach out to her mother who is lost inside of her own head.

Alex was a good strong character, and rather complimentary to Willow. I enjoyed their interactions with each other, and how along their escape together, their relationship formed-painstakingly slow.

I won’t detail the whole plot of the story, but I enjoyed it.(the mush factor was a bit much but those pesky ya books have a tendency to either under so it, or over do it till you want to vomit) and I am looking forward to reading the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Burn.