Kayla's Reviews > Overbite

Overbite by Meg Cabot

Dec 29, 11

(Spolier Alert: Do not read if you have no read the first book, Insatiable)

Overbite picks up a bit after Insatiable left off. Meena is now working for the Palatine Guard while staying under the radar with her brother John from her ex-boyfriend (and also the Prince Of Darkness) Lucien Antonescu. And just as she starts finding some normalcy in her life, well as much normal one can find when working for a supernatural division of the church, all changes.

People are missing, vampires are running amuck and Lucien appears back in New York. And something is wrong with Lucien. Meena must figure out what is going on with the Palatine, decode Alaric’s hot-and-cold-behavior since their kiss at the church, figure out why she keeps dreaming of Lucien’s mom’s prayer book all the while keeping the visions of her friends deaths from happening. It won’t be easy as she faces new enemies but old allies will be at her side to do so.

One of the things I love most about this series is the ties in to real history. While some of it, like the Palatine Guard, Cabot has taken her own spin on, they still have some historical background. Pair that with the quick wit, juicy plot lines and characters you can’t help but relate to Overbite is as great as Insatiable, maybe even better. My only complaint is the ending is a bit on the rushed side, I found myself wanting more explanation. I do hope for a third book, but this one is a good ending to the series.

Book Rating: 9.5/10

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Overbite.