G. Cribbs's Reviews > Before I Fall

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Oct 23, 14

bookshelves: favorites
Read from January 14 to 23, 2012

This is so expertly crafted, spiraled and woven together like a glittering tapestry of words. It was truly an unputdownable read, one I will cherish and think back on for a LONG time. The concept is brilliant, but I can't tell you why, it would ruin it. Just read it. Just trust. I can't believe I waited to read this until after reading DELIRIUM.

The MC, Sam(antha) is popular, snarky, and a follower of the worst kind of stuck up girls in school. Through a twist of fate, she's forced to relive the same day for seven straight days, each day a new layer of onion skin peeled back and revealing how changes and perspectives missed can lead you to see what you've been missing all along, even things that have been right in front of your nose. I appreciate how the MC realizes the rut she's in and desires to be a better person. It took a few days (of the seven) to really get pulled into the story, but once I was in, I was in all the way.

So, so, so, very amazing. I feel like I've launched up, up, up from the pages and taken flight. Thank you, Lauren, for making me soar.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Fall.

01/15/2012 page 35
7.0% "this has a great hook! I'm loving it so far. I'm also reading this after reading DELIRIUM. I really dig this so far! :D"
01/16/2012 page 56
12.0% "so, so good! Great voice for the MC. Love it! :D"
01/16/2012 page 82
17.0% "Love the cyclical spiral of the plot. Curious to see how it continues each day, tightening each rotation toward the ending..."
01/16/2012 page 92
20.0% "deja vu..."
01/21/2012 page 130
28.0% "2 days down...5 to go..."
01/21/2012 page 188
40.0% "stuck in day 3 again. Starting to peel the onion down..."
01/22/2012 page 346
74.0% "omg omg omg omg. If you haven't read this yet, put it at the TOP of your TBR pile. You'll thank me!"
show 6 hidden updates…