Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Hot Ticket

Hot Ticket by Olivia Cunning

Adult review for erotic content
Hurt me. Take the pain away. Hurt me.

4.25 stars. The Sinners have come a long way. What started out back in book 1 as a fun romp between Brian and Myrna has now spiraled into a story of heavy burdens and skeletons begging to be let out of their closet.

For as much as I found the early feel of the series to be a lot of fluffy fun, I think there's something about where everyone is now that speaks more to me. Getting to see inside the heads of every band member and feeling their anguish has been an emotional journey. For as close as these band members are, even to the point of considering themselves family, each individual is struggling to find their place in the world. Long buried secrets are now coming to the surface.
He'd been with them for almost three years and they felt like strangers.

Jace's story surprised me. I never had much of a feel for him before. I guess that was the author's intention. He was the "little man" in the band - shorter in stature, with the face of an angel and a chip on his shoulder. Who would have known that the band's hermit was good looking, full of sensitivity, and could pack a mean punch?

I fell in love with Jace. It's no wonder that Aggie wanted to get past the surface to the heart of what was torturing him. I'm not sure if "therapy through domination" is the best idea, but I had less of an issue with it than I have when seeing the same scenario played out in other books. For some, this is a sensitive topic. BDSM has taken a lot of flack lately. People want to see it showcased in a normal and healthy spotlight, and not as some sort of tool to prove that anyone engaging in the lifestyle is screwed up in the head. Any time a book comes along in which a person seeks out physical pain in order to deal with internal issues, it makes people antsy and afraid of misrepresentation. However, I felt like it was handled in this book in a way that was less about BDSM itself as a lifestyle, and more about one person doing whatever he needed to do in order to keep his demons at bay. Jace wasn't a submissive at heart. He just needed someone to replace his inner pain with outer pain, and Aggie was there to provide it.
"You're not unwanted. I want you, Jace."

This was truly a story about letting the past go and learning to trust. I was moved by Aggie's unwavering devotion to Jace and how she wasn't the typical book heroine who let misunderstandings put a dividing wedge between her and the man that she loved.
What did love look like anyway? What did it feel like?

Now...onto the sex. It was hot. Ms. Cunning can write an entertaining sex scene. There was less sex in this book than in previous books, but when it was there, it was ON. And boy, was IT ON. Phew. If words could jump off the page and seduce you, then these would be the words to do it.

Do I buy that Jace (being as well hung as he is) was able to plunge into her backdoor that quickly? Probably not. But whatever. The getting was good, so I won't complain.

Plus, any book that mentions using gloves during playtime (a certain obsession of mine) and MOTHEREFFING FLYING ELVISES (watch the movie Honeymoon in Vegas and you'll get to check them out) is a winner, winner Las Vegas chicken dinner.

[image error]

This book was provided from the publisher through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Ticket.

Mariya Jace's book is my favorite and it's funny b/c I so didn't expect that with him being into the BDSM stuff. But OMFG! He is totally cuddle-able worthly! <333333333333

Stacia (the 2010 club) I think I like how he isn't necessarily submissive at heart. It's sort of a different twist on the dom/sub thing, where his reasons aren't the same for wanting what he wants.

So far, I'm pleasantly surprised!

Kala Love this series! I can't wait to get this one when it comes out. :D

Stacia (the 2010 club) It was definitely my favorite so far. :)

message 5: by Richa (new) - added it

Richa Great review, Stacia!! Adding this to my tbr list! :))

Zemira Warner *gasps* I still haven't read Trey's story! :O

Blacky *Romance Addict* Awesome review Stacia :)

message 8: by Dd (new)

Dd Great review Stacia!!:))

Stacia (the 2010 club) Zemira wrote: "*gasps* I still haven't read Trey's story! :O"

I haven't either. The books were published out of order and his is supposed to be last. I know a lot of people went ahead and read it anyway, but I'm glad that I didn't because there's even more buildup in this book of Trey's anguish. So I feel like it's nice to watch the story unfold in the order that it was intended without missing any of the pieces.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Thanks Richa, Blacky and Dd. :)

Zemira Warner I've already read the spoilers for Trey's book and I'm not very happy with the way Olivia finished it. :( I'll just wait for the 4th and read them all together.

It was a little strange when the last one came out as the third. I was one of those people who were sad that Trey is going to be the last Sinner with his own novel.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I was most excited for Trey's book, but I think it won't be able to top Jace's now. I had no interest in Eric before, but now I'm really curious to see why he is more interested in watching instead of having someone for himself.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Did that even make sense?

Zemira Warner Trey is my favorite Sinner but I don't want to read a book where he end up the way he did. Don't want to spoil it for you so I won't say what happens.

I totally forgot about Eric. Hmmm,I don't think I could enjoy watching more than actually participating. :D I wonder who are going to be his victims.

The first book was good because Brian was my kind of man,I didn't like the second that much. I'm not a fan of alpha males,at least not in Sed's case.

As for Jace. I never really though his BDSM obsession made any sense. Did Olivia really wrote a good BDSM novel or is it all a big joke?

Stacia (the 2010 club) I love Brian the most as a character, but I can't stand Myrna. Sed and Jess as a couple were like two firecrackers, so I liked their chemistry more. But Jace's actual story was the best.

It's not really a BDSM type of book. Jace gets off on pain, but he's not a submissive. The domme is "technically" a domme, but she doesn't follow the rules with Jace.

message 16: by Karla (new)

Karla Nice job Stacia!

Lyn816 (The funk has left the building!) Stacia, reading your review has gotten me totally ready to jump on this when it comes out! Thanks for the not to revealing, but sharing just enough review :-)

Stacia (the 2010 club) Thanks back. :) You'll have to let me know what you think of the book when you read it.

Elizabeth (Liz) Awesome review!! I wasn't sure if I was going to like Jace, but this sounds promising;)

Lyn816 (The funk has left the building!) For sure I will! Btw, Brian is my fav character also. He is so sweet, just mentioning him makes my teeth hurt, lol.

Stacia (the 2010 club) There must be something about book characters named Brian, since I love Brian from Rock Me just as much.

Elizabeth...I didn't think I'd like Jace at all, so I understand.

Serena I can not wait for this book. Love the sinners!

Teduncho I can`t wait for Jace`s book. I like Brian and so far love his book best but Jace is my favorite from the sinners. He grabed me from book one. I just wish his book would come out sooner. Stacia I`m so envious of you right now :P

Stacia (the 2010 club) I can't wait to see what you ladies think of it!

Airah ♔ I felt like it was handled in this book in a way that was less about BDSM itself as a lifestyle, and more about one person doing whatever he needed to do in order to keep his demons at bay.

Glad to know about that. I can't take solid dom/sub books. For me, it just doesn't make a fun reading.

Stacia (the 2010 club) His story really got into my heart. I wanted to reach into the book and hug him.

message 27: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy Oh I can't wait til Febuary....can someone loan me this book...PLEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) I wish I could but I have a protected ebook copy.

message 29: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy Oh it's so(stomp stomp stomp) un(stomp) FAIR.... Ok I'm done.guess ill have to start one of the 50 other ones until then! Thanks Stacia!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Fab review, Stacia!!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) Thanks Alexis. :)

message 32: by Roxx (new) - added it

Roxx Awesome review. I will def pick this one up.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Thank you Roxx!

message 34: by Ninette (new) - added it

Ninette Grey I still haven't read that book, but nice review! I will read it later :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) I am looking forward to seeing what others think.

Jessica Can't wait! And now knowing you liked it for all the reasons I'd hoped, I'm looking forward it it even more!

Stacia (the 2010 club) I hope it works for you!

♥Trish♥ So excited it is finally release day!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) So weird...I thought it came out last week. I must have my month all confused. Enjoy!

Lyn816 (The funk has left the building!) Awww sookie, sookie now! Ya mean I can download it finally?!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) Woo hoo! Go get it!

Lyn816 (The funk has left the building!) I just started Avoiding Responsibility(#2), but I am struggling a bit with it at the moment, so now I have to kick it to tha curb, until I finish Hot Ticket, lol. Download here I come! No pun intended :-0

message 43: by Kala (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kala OMG it's today? SO many books to read! Argh!

Stacia (the 2010 club) No joke. The list only gets bigger, not smaller.

♥Trish♥ It's unreal how out of control my tbr pile is

message 46: by Kala (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kala Yeah I have six library books here and I'm unable to read anything until I finish Karina Halle's Experiment in Terror series (OMG SO GOOD!) ... plus Hot Ticket and Prodigy and soon Indigo Spell. And that doesn't even count the stuff I've gotten recently from netgalley. SOO MANY BOOKS

Serena I just started this one. Can already tell I am going to love Jace's story. It seems dark and full of hott sexy time and secrets! Kala I love Eit series it was sooo good.

message 48: by Kala (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kala Serena wrote: "I just started this one. Can already tell I am going to love Jace's story. It seems dark and full of hott sexy time and secrets! Kala I love Eit series it was sooo good."

I'm on book 6! Probably will read this one after :D

Stacia (the 2010 club) I hope to get to EiT book 2 soon. Karina also sent me the first book in her new series that I hope to read soon.

Yay Trish, you liked it!

message 50: by Kala (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kala Her new book (Sins & Needles) is how I discovered her other series.

« previous 1