Alexis Villery's Reviews > More Than Words Can Say

More Than Words Can Say by Robert Barclay

Mar 19, 12

Read in December, 2011

After inheriting her grandmother's cottage, Chelsea decides to visit the cottage to honor her Gram's last wishes. Thirty-three year old Chelsea is still looking for love never finding the right man's man. Brandon has a secret guilt that he can't seem to let go. Grandmother Brooke has lived with a deep secret and questions all her life and her family has always questioned why she never returned to her beloved cottage. There she finds family secrets and a handsome doctor, Brandon, who has his own mysterious pass. This laid-back read switches from Chelsea's contemporary story to Brooke's (Gram) love story which took place during WWII.

While the secrets aren't stunning or surprising, they are revealed in a way that maintains interest throughout the book. This book reminds me a bit of the The Violets of March by Sarah Jio but the feel of the book and the writing style is different. While I liked the book and the characters, I didn't love them. I thought the relationship between Chelsea and Brandon was rushed and not as believable while I loved the relationship of Bill, Brooke, and Greg. I enjoyed the moments in the past more than the present. However, I think I liked the unwinding of the story most of all.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Than Words Can Say.