My Book Friend 's Reviews > Soul Quest

Soul Quest by Amy  Maurer Jones

Jan 02, 12

Read from December 31, 2011 to January 02, 2012

Liv never knew she was really different until she went to high-school. She isn't a normal kind of different though.

Meena, Brayan, and Laith are all strangely familiar... this connection isn't something that happens with strangers everyday. It is much deeper. They all have the same purpose- to save the world.

There really isn't much time left, and while nothing drastic has happened since September 11, 2001- it is easy to tell things are not looking good from here on out. And it is all up to a group of teenagers.

My Thoughts: While this book had a slow beginning, by the end I couldn't believe how fast it went. I really just needed to get around 15% in, and once you're that far, there is no turning back. I loved all of the main characters (of course besides the ones you really shouldn't like) aside from Meena. There were a few times I was like, "She is such a know it all!" In the end, I came to the conclusion she really has the best intentions. Overall, great pacing, great story, and an ending that encourages you to read the next book. I enjoy the fact that it is not a mystery on where this story could go.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Quest.

01/01/2012
50.0% "Wow! I can't believe how far I got already! It is so easy to get into the novel you can hardly tell you're making progress ."
01/02/2012
70.0% "The story is heating up!"
82.0% "CLIMAX time!"
01/02/2012
90.0% "Love how the climax didn't drag out, it just happens! Even pacing, and now everything should be coming together...."