Kayla's Reviews > Only the Good Spy Young

Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter

Dec 29, 11

(Spoiler Warning! Do not read if you have not read the previous Gallagher Girls’ books!)

The fourth book in the Gallagher series, Only The Good Spy Young, opens and shows us just how much has changed for Cammie Morgan. Think back to I’d Tell You I’d Love You, But Then I’d Have To Kill You. Cammie’s biggest worry was being able to sneak out, with the aid of her three awesome roommates (Bex, Liz and Macey) to see her boyfriend and not get caught. She’s also the daughter of the headmistress for the Gallagher Academy-a top secret elite spy school, so that did make sneaking out a little harder.

But now? Now Cammie’s biggest worries include (but are not limited to), figuring out who she can and can’t trust, why the Circle Of Cavan is after her, figuring out where she stands with Zach (the equally hot and mysterious boy from Blackthorne), and trying to keep her grades up. It makes the events of I’d Tell You look much, much easier.

I’m keeping this vague so the spoiler warning doesn’t tack on that you shouldn’t read if you haven’t read the book yet. But know that list of worries of Cammie’s only grows bigger and her security detail grows even bigger than that. The Gallagher Academy undergoes some huge renovations, a staff member leaves and an (annoying as heck) replacement comes in.

Once again The Operatives are planning another mission and keeping up their logs. But now the risks are much hire, it’s life and death for some now—not detention. Cammie learns a secret that may just destroy her respect for one of the authority figures in her life. And when she needs alone time to cope? Well forget that if the secret detail isn’t there her roommates are right next to her. They have her back till the end and take part in the all or nothing mission.

Those reading Only The Good Spy Young will also get a look behind the doors of Blackthorne. Which well, all I’ll say is it answers a lot of questions about the boys behavior. And well with the ending of Only The Good Spy Young, you’ll find yourself anxiously awaiting the release of the next clever spin on a common phrase. To keep it vague, here’s a hint, Cammie finally takes the advice everyone had been giving her throughout the book. That’s all I say, go pick up a copy to find out more.

Rating: 9.5/10
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only the Good Spy Young.