Alice's Reviews > Inheritance

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Dec 29, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction
Read in December, 2011

I enjoyed this whole series. Paolini impresses me, especially because he is only 24. I got to meet him at a book signing and he seems somewhat nerdy, but I believe he would take that as a compliment. He is highly intelligent as evidence by his writing. He looks like such a baby and to think he accomplished this whole series of four long books in the past 10 years is truly amazing. He wrote the first book at 14 years old. Pretty crazy. In the acknowledgement portion of this book Paolini apologized to his publisher for taking too long to write. I thank you Paolini for NOT letting your publisher rush your creative process. There is nothing worse than a rushed piece of literature. When authors rush themselves, they seem to suck all the magic from their fingers.

Inheritance seemed to drag at certain points and I personally hated the ending. It's not that it wasn't a good ending, but it's just that it wasn't the touchy feely end that I prefer. I definitely think sometimes you can tell if an author is a man or a woman just by the end of their book. We women definitely like the fairy-tale ends better than the men.

There were several lingering questions left, which I always resent, but Paolini explained that he plans to revisit the series and that he will answer the questions in the next series. I am not sure how I feel about having to read a whole next series to get closure on this one.

Overall I loved the books. There were many victorious moments throughout and lots of surprises.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inheritance.