Bookie | The BookChick 's Reviews > Bloodlust

Bloodlust by Larissa Ione

6190526
Book Description:
Sir Brynn of Lochland has a serious problem. He's been captured by an evil vampire queen who wants to use him as her newest blood slave. But Brynn doesn't have a submissive bone in his body, and he intends to fight her every step of the way.

Can Brynn's willpower remain intact when pitted against Sorla's superior vampire strength, seductive skills, and underhanded cruelty, or will she ultimately take possession of both his mind…and body?

My Thoughts:
The few minutes that I spent reading this novella are precious moments of my life that I can never get back. This book was horrible. I have no idea if this was an intentional novella or a half finished novel. It's like Ms. Ione just stopped mid-story and decided she wasn't going to write anymore but passed the pages off to her publisher who decided to publish this foolishness anyway.

Brynn is a knight that was captured in battle by the vampire queen Sorla. Short story even shorter...Sorla wants to use Brynn for her blood and sex slave. He is displayed, degraded, and sexually violated by one of the other queens "pets" (at her request)...all in the span of a few pages.

Sorla gives Brynn the choice of having sex with her or having her "pet" have sex with him. Of course Brynn picks door number one and gives the vampire queen the ride of her life...Literally. In the midst of their romp, Sorla makes the decision to make Brynn her king. She mixes her blood with his which causes him to grow stronger...instantly. He realizes the change in himself and asks Sorla what she's done to him. She tells him that she has made him her king and then cautiously awaits his response. He grabs her by her neck, enters her, starts pounding her up against the wall and wonders if she will survive his sexually brutality. The last words of the story were "it's good to be the king."

I have never read a Larissa Ione book and this "book" definitely causes me to consider whether I ever will because it was uninspired drivel.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodlust.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michelle(Chelle) aka Nightshade - Cake Whisperer Bookie - I just finished reading this yesterday too. I thought it was awful and I AM a huge Larissa Ione fan. Her Demonica series is nothing like this. If I had not seen the author's name I never would have believed that she had written this crap.