Keary Taylor's Reviews > Catching Jordan

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Dec 29, 11

I had really high hopes for Catching Jordan. The premise sounded cleaver: a girl who’s the quarterback on her high school football team? Yes please! Falling in love with the guy that plays her same position? I’ll take some of that! And just look at that adorable cover!

I have to say, I have really mixed feelings about Catching Jordan. Jordan is a compelling character, she’s tough and can hold her own, but she’s still a girl who has very girl-ish feelings. She gets confused by her feelings and doesn’t know how to deal with things.

But I kind of felt like Jordan was a player. What I didn’t expect from this book was the major love triangle. I really don’t mind love triangles, I usually love them, I just like to know when to expect them. I was really thrown by it, not really sure who it was that I was supposed to route for.

Parental alert: There is a LOT of swearing in this book. It does kind of make sense, considering these are all football players, but there is a lot of it. And sex is dealt with very casually.

Overall I did enjoy the book. It was compelling and I did finish it in about two days.

3 out of 5 stars.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Jordan.