Jennykatz's Reviews > Seer of Sevenwaters

Seer of Sevenwaters by Juliet Marillier

Jan 05, 12

Read from December 29, 2011 to January 05, 2012

I love Juliet Marillier's writing style, but I didn't feel nearly the same connection with Sibael as I did with other members of the Sevenwaters family. I never got a strong sense of Sibael's personality, at least as compared to main characters in her other Sevenwaters books. I, as always, loved seeing the characters repeated from older books; I will be very sad when the last Sevenwaters book is written and I have to bid goodbye to the family forever. That being said, I really felt like this one was almost too easy. Sibael's story seemed to have lots of almost, but not quite, dangerous moments that were quickly resolved without too much tension and then there was that very convenient solution at the end. I'm not saying that I'm sad Sibael found a way to have both her religious conviction and her romance, but I really feel like it lacked that heart-wrenching sacrifice a lot of her ancestors had in their books. Still, as mentioned before, Marillier's imaginative, descriptive style is as pretty as ever, and the story was fun to read, even if it wasn't as satisfying emotionally as some of her earlier books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seer of Sevenwaters.