Erika's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Dec 29, 11

bookshelves: favourite-books
Read in December, 2011

The Infernal Devices series is definitely a favourite of mine. I loved Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince just left my heart torn.

I stayed up until 3am last night reading because I literally could not put it down! Amazing. Breathtaking. Heartbreaking. In all my years reading I've never been so anxious for the next book to be released.

My heart is now in Cassandra's delicate fingers, and I hope she does not shatter it completely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

Quotes Erika Liked

Cassandra Clare
“You’re seventeen,” Magnus said. “You can’t have wasted a life you’ve barely lived.”

Cassandra Clare
“We live and breathe words. .... It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you wrote, how you were lonely sometimes and afraid, but always brave; the way you saw the world, its colors and textures and sounds, I felt--I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt. I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted--and then I realized that truly I just wanted you.”

Cassandra Clare
“Charlotte slammed the paper down onto her desk with an exclamation of rage. “Aloysius Starkweather is the most stubborn, hypocritical, obstinate, degenerate—” She broke off, clearly fighting for control of her temper. Tessa had never seen Charlotte’s mouth so firmly set into a hard line.
“Would you like a thesaurus?” Will inquired. “You seem to be running out of words.”