Teak's Reviews > Crossed

Crossed by Ally Condie

Dec 29, 2011

liked it
Read in January, 2012

This is the sequel to Matched. I gave Crossed 3 stars because overall I did enjoy it..I'm excited to see what happens next..but it definitely lacked a certain something.I cant put my finger on it..it just wasn't all there for me..I understand the author is trying to give us a feel of her main characters but she put them in an environment where you would really expect more action..from what I have gathered from interviews with the author she's leading up to this for the 3rd book and wanted to give her characters in Crossed the opportunity to be heard, know their story - get a feel from where they are coming from. I can respect that and really hope that the 3rd installment will prove this to be true! I'm not giving up yet on Cassie & Ky - I do hope many questions will finally be answered, especially the memory her grandfather left with her that she cant seem to recall or just thinks her brother read it wrong...this question comes up quite a few times and I'm dying to know what the reference is significant to! Overall - not bad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossed.