Becky's Reviews > Forever and a Day

Forever and a Day by Delilah Marvelle

Dec 30, 11

bookshelves: netgalley, historical
Read from December 29 to 30, 2011

(I wavered between three and four stars on this one, but enjoyed the epilogue so much that I decided on four.) For the most part, this book seemed...uneven. A whole lot of time is spent on the beginning ("Robinson" and Georgia's time in NYC when he has no memory), two entire chapters on Roderick's time before he even got to New York (which, though interesting, seemed out of place where it was and how it was written), and then the rest of it just seemed to fly by without a whole lot of time and detail spent on it, though much of it (especially Georgia's transformation and her time with the Astors) should have made for some interesting reading. Georgia's admittance to society, their reunion, the drama of Roderick's uncle that had brought him to America in the first place, all of this was over and done with before a reader really had time to get used to it all. I would have liked to have seen Roderick show a bit more backbone throughout the story--he seemed to lose it once he remembered who he was, which was disappointing. Georgia, at least, remained strong throughout. My favorite parts by far were the beginning, where Roderick and Georgia meet on the street, and the epilogue, where they get their just desserts with a daughter who wants--of all things--an elephant. Very engaging start and finish. The middle, while it did have me turning pages, was more hit and miss throughout. I am interested to see where Marvelle will go with the next book in the series, though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever and a Day.