Open Door Baltimore's Reviews > Generous Justice: How God's Grace Makes Us Just

Generous Justice by Timothy Keller

U_50x66
Dec 29, 11

Read in January, 2011

For us, this book came alive very early in Chapter One, "What is Doing Justice?" Here, author Timothy Keller (Senior Pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in Manhattan) describes the full meaning of the 8th verse of the 6th chapter of the Book of Micah: "And what does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?" We liked Keller's treatment of this verse so much that we eventually created an initiative at Open Door Baltimore called the Micah Project, our very humble attempt to create an outlet for people of faith to share their love of God by doing good works in the city. Nobody does a better job of sharing God's heart for the poor than Keller. An excellent read for people of faith, and, for people of little or no faith who have not been impressed by the Church over the years when it comes to serving the poor. Keller writes in a respectful, non-condescending way. He will open your heart and mind to a wide range of ideas. If you only read one religious book in 2012, skim this book before you choose another.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Generous Justice.