Molly's Reviews > Claws and Effect

Dec 29, 11

Recommended to Molly by: Goddess Fish Tours
Recommended for: everyone
Read in December, 2011

Amanda Arista is now among the many talented authors that I'm happy to say are on my favorite authors list. Now, I'll admit, when I sat down to read this awesome book, the first chapter had me a little confused. I just wasn't sure where the author was going with the story. But, after that, wham! She hit me with complex characters, and fantastic written plot line that will leave the reader spinning and ready for more, by the time the reach the ending.

Violet Jordan, werepanther. Now THAT is a character to be reckoned with! She is a fantabulous character and one that I really am glad I made friends with. I loved watching her as she took on so many situations, while her boyfriend laa-dee-daaed over gosh knows what, leaving Ms. Jordan to figure things out on her own.

Violet Jordan's story really kept me hooked, especially when Ms. Arista added in the mysterious factor to the story, with someone hell-bent on killing off the panther. Each page turn brought a new,sometimes funny twist with it, and watching Violet mentor the new shifter-recruits was awesome. The complexity of Violet and her pack, and the awesome mystery factor really brought the story into a whirlwind of fantasteriffic reading!

If you are looking for a fun, fast paced read and you love shifter stories, this is for you. It's definitely a 5 Book worthy read, and one that will pull you into the heart of the story. This is the second in Ms. Arista's Diaries of an Urban Panther series, and after seeing the effects this story had on me, I'll definitely be going back and reading Violet's beginning in book 1: Diaries of an Urban Panther.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claws and Effect.