Ashley Chen's Reviews > Of Poseidon

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

Dec 29, 2011

bookshelves: favorites
Read from March 24 to April 01, 2012

I AM HOSTING AN OF POSEIDON READ-A-LONG IN MARCH. IF YOU WANT TO HOST, MESSAGE ME! :D

Full review with Gifs HERE

This book is hilarious!! I wish every book can start out like this! Emma and Chloe is a match made in heaven. They play off each other's personality and I find it very funny and amusing. :D The plot is amazing. It is not slow. I gasped at the end of some of the chapters.
I couldn't stop reading! I was totally singing the phrase "Fan-flipping-fastic".

I love how Anna included the death of someone Emma loves and not just say "oh I'm Emma, my blah, blah, blah died, now I have to move to this new town...". Anna incorporated the death within the novel and where the audience can see and feel what really happened. It was such a breath of fresh air!

I do have to say I wasn't a fan of the conversation in the beginning. Okay, I don't know how to put this, but I'll try. There are conversations between characters that sounds too "mean-girls-like". You know when those mean girls said "Oh my god, Shut. Up." you know that kind of teen-like tone. There were conversations that gave me the tone like that.

Others might complain Emma whined a bit much, but I felt like she expressed just enough emotions.

Galen sounds so gorgeous! I mean being a royal totally helps too! Galen is perfect! *swoon!*

The teacher in the school is just hilarious, (partially because he reminds me of someone), Galen too! I also love how he is 20, not the typical 18 in most YA. *major swoon!* I just love all the characters! They all have something a little different, but they are all sassy and funny. :) I can't emphasis enough how I LOOOOVEE ALL the characters!!! HOLY CRAP RIGHT?! I NEVER, and I mean NEVER, love every characters in a book. Main characters are super hard to love but this book, I loved them. I like Emma, and Galen. I love Toraf and Rayna! I REALLLY love the relationship between Rayna and Toraf, they remind me of Artemis and Wally from Young Justice. Spitfire FTW! :3 I also enjoyed Emma and Galen's relationship, they were cute. Rachel is just so "Garcia-From-Criminal-Minds", AWESOME!

Anna Banks' tone is very likable! And all the awards to this book!! It has cat-fight and awesome guys!! I don't know how to explain it, Galen and Toraf are amazing friends; their conversations are always fabulous to read!

Okay, there is only one thing that is predictable but it is okay :p.

You know when you read a fabulous book and don't know how to describe the epicness? You just kind of feel it, the rush, the excitement? Well this book definitely gave me that feeling, definitely a buy-it-full-price type of book!

The mystery, the suspense, and the magic just takes my breath away! I love the Houses! I love all the evils! I love the sea! I love absolutely everything about this book!

This book has the perfect balance of everything. I can only describe it as the professor in Power Puff Girls did "add a little of happiness, sunshine, rainbow and chemical X", but that chemical X is EPIC AWESOMENESS!!!

OH GOD CLIFFHANGER! I NEEEEEDDD MOOOOOREEEEE NOOOOOW!!

This book is worth buying a billion copies and stacking them into your own underwater land. :3
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Poseidon.

03/30/2012 page 101
03/30/2012 page 153
47.0% "THIS BOOK!! I HAVE THE FEELS!!!"