Carrie Lim's Reviews > A Week to Be Wicked

A Week to Be Wicked by Tessa Dare

Be still, my fluttering heart. My feelings are having feelings right now. Thank you Colin and Minerva for sharing your story. Or rather, thank you Tessa for writing their story!

As this epic love story just needed telling.

Oh, Colin and Minerva. Truly one of my favorite couples of ALL time. Colin, so beautiful, so heartbreakingly sincere and genuine, and honest. And tragically misunderstood. Let me hold you Colin, just let me hold you! On the surface he plays the part of the relentless rake. But who is the man inside his shell? Just who is this man who knows how to touch, but is untouchable?

And then there is Minerva, who lives life behind spectacles to see things clearly, but unfortunately, the things of life and love remain quite a blur. So very intelligent in all things, but so unaware at the same time. She is hidden behind her own shell, will she be able to overcome her insecurities and allow herself to become the person deep inside?

What can possibly happen when Colin and Minerva embark on a week long journey together, alone and unattended? What these two come up with certainly surprised me again and again.

I am so very tempted to give away the details, wanting to share just what had me laughing, what had me tearing up. Every single page just had this certain little charming something. This delightful something that felt real and fresh and honest. It felt beautiful, uplifting and something beyond that that I can't put a name to, but I loved it. Loved it so very much that I feel that it's a MUST read, it would be a positively amazing thing if everyone could feel this feeling too. Love that leaves me giddy and filled with joy

Please note: I was fortunate to have been granted access to an advanced digital review copy of "A Week to Be Wicked" in Edelweiss by HarperCollins. The book will be released: March 27th 2012!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Week to Be Wicked.

Quotes Carrie Liked

Tessa Dare
“A hint of sensual frustration roughened his voice.
“And I will curse the gods along with them, Min. Some wild monsoon raged through me as I looked at you just now. It’s left me rearranged inside, and I don’t have a map.”
Tessa Dare, A Week to Be Wicked

Tessa Dare
“Oh no. Oh God. I couldn't possibly be so stupid."

"Don't limit yourself. You can be anything you wish.”
Tessa Dare, A Week to Be Wicked

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Diana I am so very tempted to give away the details, wanting to share just what had me laughing, what had me tearing up. Every single page just had this certain little charming something.

I know! I know! One of the hardest parts for me too, not to give away anything yet. I'll probably end up quoting the entire book for all the ridiculously laugh out loud moments, the parts that made me feel a a physical ache in my heart, the pretty words that just completely blew me away, all the very touching and poignant scenes. Ugh. How is it even possible? Hahaha, this book is so awesome, too awesome for words, and my heart, my heart is so full.

Carrie Lim Diana wrote: "I know! I know..."

My post-its are at the ready! XD

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* Carrie, wasn't this book all sorts of amazing! I just finished reading it and I'm totally in love with Colin. What a revelation he was! This book has everything rolled into one fantastic package.

Carrie Lim Carol wrote: "Carrie, wasn't this book all sorts of amazing! I just finished reading it and I'm totally in love with Colin. What a revelation he was! This book has everything rolled into one fantastic package."

The whole package, indeed! Have you read the snippets of Colin and Minerva's journal that were provided during Tessa's blog tour? They were hilarious and sweet and just wonderfully done. Can't get enough of Colin and Minerva.

Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* Carrie wrote: "Carol wrote: "Carrie, wasn't this book all sorts of amazing! I just finished reading it and I'm totally in love with Colin. What a revelation he was! This book has everything rolled into one fantas..."

Carrie Lim Carol wrote: "Yes I love those snippets and Colin & Minerva are now amongst my all-time favourite historical couples."

Same here! :) I just love that they are such strong individuals and as a couple they complement each other so well. What I love about them even more is that all throughout and till the very end, we see their relationship develop and bloom, and yet they are still their own person, but stronger because they have each other. It's difficult to explain. I guess simply put, I'm just glad that Colin and Minerva are Colin and Minerva. :)