Malin Friess's Reviews > Bossypants

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Jan 16, 12

I give just one star to Tina Fey and Bossypants. Of course you know Tina Fey became famous as a comedian at SNL...and for her spot on impression of Sarah Palin (You Betcha...I have foreign policy experience because I can see Russia from my porch in Alaska.) An as an TIna Fey has a unique resemblance to my older sister Megan Nordlander.

This book was labeled one of the funniest books of 2011. I also have been encouraged by sister-in-law to OCCASIONally read a book written by a female author...Does this count??.

My review: I found Fey's humor on Breastfeeding, the YMCA, being fat, ugliness...just mean spirited, crude, and vulgar. I would not recommend this book. I think Tina should stick to making fun of Sarah Palin on SNL.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bossypants.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (new)

Megan Malin, this is a disappointing review as I had also heard this was one of the funniest books of the year. I guess I won't read it after all. If you are still looking to increase your list of women authors, here are two good ones - Ann Patchett and Margaret Feinberg.

Malin Friess I didn't find this book at all humorous...but maybe I am too prude.