Russ's Reviews > A Dangerous Fortune

A Dangerous Fortune by Ken Follett

M 50x66
Dec 29, 2011

Read in December, 2011

Yes, this book is somewhat predictable and serves less as a mystery novel and more as a historical drama/romance, but I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed the novel simply as it was. It may also be a bit too familiar to Follett followers as the model of storytelling remains consistent with his typical writing techniques, but it also displays Follett's tremendous ability to set a mood and create an atmosphere that makes almost all his books so hard to put down. The historical detail makes A Dangerous Fortune quite informative and it made me an instant fan of the 19th century setting. The characters are, as usual, utterly captivating, and Follett has a knack for making you sympathize with, root for, or despise even the most evil of characters. This book is the perfect combination of historical insight, suspense, and romance all intwined in the 19th century setting making this a book I would recommend to any reader, Follett fan or otherwise.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dangerous Fortune.

04/13/2016 marked as: read