Silvana R's Reviews > Catching Jordan

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Nov 18, 15

bookshelves: 2011, ya-contemporary-romance, my-ebooks, bff-to-lovers, sourcebooks
Read on January 04, 2012

Wow. I loved it. Specially because the main character is a girl playing as a quarterback in a team full of boys. God, how I love football.
I totally recommend it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Jordan.

Quotes Silvana R Liked

Miranda Kenneally
“When unrequited love is the most expensive thing on the menu, sometimes you settle for the daily special.”

Miranda Kenneally
“So what did you want to talk about?" I ask
Ty grins that wicked smile of his again. He whispers, "I lied. I just wanted an excuse to sit with you.”

Miranda Kenneally
“Are you still scared of Mike's room?" I say, giggling.
He falls face first onto the pillow I just threw at him. In a muffled voice he replies, "No, I'd rather just stay with you.”

Miranda Kenneally
“Keep telling yourself that. Thanks for scaring them off. Turn around so I can get dressed."
"No."
"No?"
"No." He stares straight into my eyes. "I didn't scare them off for you. I did it for me. I'm coming in with you.”

Miranda Kenneally
“He whispers, "You're beautiful."
"Thank you." I'm not so scared anymore. If he likes me for who I am, it doesn't matter what kind of underwear I'm wearing. Or that I'm not wearing makeup. Or that I'm over six feet tall. "You're really cute too," I say, giving him another kiss on the lips, digging my fingertips into his abs.
"I'v never wanted anyone so much in my life.”

“You want me?"
"Every bit of you," he mumbles.”

Miranda Kenneally
“Jordan, he's loved you forever. It's obvious. Have you not seen how he stares at you?”

“Ty:
Damn, he's fine.
Damn, he's a good quarterback.
Damn, he's nice and sweet.
Damn, he's a good kisser.
Damn, he's buff.
Damn, he's great to his family.
Damn, now that I know about Henry,
I'm not sure Ty and I are right for each other.
Henry:
I love the way his curls flop around and hang across his forehead.
I love how he never just lets me win. I have to earn it.
I love how he touches me just because.
I love his loyalty.
I love how when we sleep head-to-toe,
he always finds a reason to sleep head-to-head instead.
I love his unconditional support.
I love his spontaneity and crazy sense of humor.
I love his stupid dances.
I love....him.”

Miranda Kenneally
“Sometimes friendship is just that, just being with someone.”

Miranda Kenneally
“And if you didn't want him to take me away from you, maybe you should've talked to me when I needed you so badly on Friday." Tears slip down my cheeks. "Maybe you should've taken me when you had the chance.”

Miranda Kenneally
“He stares at you at all the time in class. He misses you too.”

Miranda Kenneally
“A wise man once said, 'Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.”

Miranda Kenneally
“One thing I learned a long time ago is that even if you think you're meant to be with someone, that doesn't necessarily mean you get to be with them.”

Miranda Kenneally
“What's the occasion?" I ask.
He glances up at me and takes a deep breath. "You're the occasion, Woods. I've missed you so, so much.”

Miranda Kenneally
“I kiss his forehead. "You are a wimpy idiot. But...I still love you."
"I love you too, Woods.”

Miranda Kenneally
“Why were you watching me change?" I explain. "Uh, 'cause I'm a guy?" He flips the pillow and slaps it, fluffing it. Then he rolls over and closes his eyes again.”
tags: funny

Miranda Kenneally
“For what it's worth," Dad says, running his fingers over the picture, "I've never seen anyone run faster than Henry after you hurt your knee last week.”
tags: love

Miranda Kenneally
“Love hurts worse than getting slammed by a 250-pound linebacker.”

Miranda Kenneally
“This must be the weirdest thing a football coach has ever seen: two quarterbacks making out.”

Miranda Kenneally
“I think JJ will tell me that he loves me soon," Lacey says to Kristen.
"He definitely will," Kristen says. "I can tell by the way he looks at you."
I force myself to cough so I don't laugh. JJ stares at Lacey the way he stares at every one of the Titans' cheerleaders. It's the same way he stares at cheese fries, for that matter.”

Miranda Kenneally
“You know, there's no more dangerous creature on Earth than the teenage girl.”

Miranda Kenneally
“How can you be in love with someone for forever and not be willing to take a chance when it finally hits you in the face like a linebacker?”

Miranda Kenneally
“Don't tell Mom and Dad about Ty,' I warn Mike. 'But they'll be so glad to hear you aren't gay!”

Miranda Kenneally
“Congratulations, Mommy," I say, dropping the doll into his hands. "You could've told me I knocked you up."
"My bad. I thought you'd force me to get an abortion," Henry replies, taking the baby and cradling it as if it's real. "He has your eyes, Woods."
"And your hair." The doll is bald. "Can we name him Joe Montana?"
"Hells no, his name is Jerry Rice."
"No, his name is Joe Montana."
"I was in labor with him for fourteen hours!" Henry exclaims as he rocks the baby back and forth. “His name is Jerry Rice."
I grin. "Fine.”

Miranda Kenneally
“Woods? Do you have a sec?" Ty asks.
"Sure."
"Alone?" Ty eyes Henry and Jerry Rice, and I jerk my head at Henry.
"Fine," Henry says, rolling his eyes. "Divorce me if you must, Woods. I can't believe I've only been married half an hour and I'm already a single
parent." Ty holds the door to the gym open so Henry can get the stroller through. I giggle at the sight of him carrying those diaper bags across the
gym.”