Rachel's Reviews > Misfit

Misfit by Jon Skovron

Dec 29, 11

Read on December 28, 2011, read count: 1

READ THIS BOOK this book was great, well written and the flashbacks aren't boring, read this book, here's a quote to make you at least pick up this book:

"In every drop of water, gust of air, speck of earth, and crackle of lightning, she hears the same thing: This world is alive. And it loves her.
A little while later, the storm notices that Jael has fallen asleep. The rain tapers off. The clouds sneak away like they're trying not to wake her. The wind caresses her cheek one last time, then disperses in all directions. It carries with it the memory of this funny girl with the sad green eyes. And it carries with it a little bit of hope that things might change. That the world might become what it was supposed to be." Pages 361-362

This book perfectly describes how the world can open up to you and how loss can change you for the better. The heroine Jael, is the perfect blend of funny, dangerous, loneliness, courage, and a teenage girl with boy problems.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Misfit.

Quotes Rachel Liked

Jon Skovron
“Oh my God, I can totally see it," says Britt. She scrunches her face into a frown and glares at herself in the mirror. "Jael ... ," she says, in a pretty good imitation of Jael's father's flat, gruff voice. "Jael, money is tight. Do you really need these things?"

"No, you're right, Dad," says Jael in a chipper, squeaky voice. "It's actually really convenient that I can store all my pens and pencils in my hair. In fact, you know what? I'll just grow my hair a little longer so you don't even have to get me folders this year!”

Jon Skovron
“I didn't know zombies could eat demons," admitted Paul.

"Oh, dey can't, really," said the Baron. "But you know, dey just keep trying anyway.”

Jon Skovron
“In every drop of water, gust of air, speck of earth, and crackle of lightning, she hears the same thing: This world is alive. And it loves her.
A little while later, the storm notices that Jael has fallen asleep. The rain tapers off. The clouds sneak away like they're trying not to wake her. The wind caresses her cheek one last time, then disperses in all directions. It carries with it the memory of this funny girl with the sad green eyes. And it carries with it a little bit of hope that things might change. That the world might become what it was supposed to be.”