Rose Ann's Reviews > Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

Jun 23, 2008

bookshelves: favorites, 9-11
Read in November, 2008

** spoiler alert ** What in the what the?
Jose!
This story gave me very heavy boots, but I also felt like one hundred dollars at times.
It was extremely sad and incredibly amazing!

Ok..seriously, I really liked it....the style definetely took some getting used to....who was talking when.
I dont get some of the details the grandparents told in their letters....thought it was TMI..
When Oskar met William Black, the owner of the key, my heart went out to Oskar. I could feel his love and pride for his Dad...asking the man all sorts of questions about what he remembered of his Dad. I just really felt that...dont know how to explain it. I was always close to my Dad and always felt like yelling...hey look...this is my Dad. That is the feeling I got from Oskar too.

Even though the key did not bring Oskar to his Dad, he did successfully "win" a treasure hunt. He found the owner of the key, which seemed highly doubtful, but he did it. And his Dad would have been proud of him.

I really liked how the photos in the back were reversed, so the person was going up, not down..

Such a heartbreaking story, I really enjoyed it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.

11/10/2008 page 16
show 4 hidden updates…

Heather Hi Rose Ann! I was just wondering how you're enjoying EL&IC? I thought it was amazing! I'm so glad that I read it...It's on my list of all time favorites.

Rose Ann I really liked it. Different than the norm, but really enjoyed it!