Shante's Reviews > Legacy

Legacy by Molly Cochran

Dec 28, 11

bookshelves: paranormal, try-hard, witches, young-adult, zomg-boys

You would think this author was a first time novelist. But I was horrified to open the back flap and read Molly Cochran has actually published several other books. Perhaps this was her first adventure into YA publishing, which would explain her use of just about every stereotype known to man in this book.

My first problem was that the pace in this book was off. Usually the problem is that the pace is too slow. Not with this book. Everything moves at a break neck pace. I can't say what, because that would spoil the book, but certain explosive revelations would've been better served if the lead up to them and the aftermath had more emotional investment.

WARNING. WARNING. YOU MAY SUFFER WHIPLASH FROM THE SPEED AT WHICH THE MAIN CHARACTER AND THE BOY GO FROM HATING EACH OTHER TO ~LOVING~ (<33) EACH OTHER. Honestly. This probably goes down as one of my personal most ridiculous romances in YA. The main character's mom (view spoiler)

Also, there is of course a reason why these teen lovers can't be together. This reason is, naturally, very flimsy. Even though the boy has JUST gone from hating her to thinking she's okay, the MC for some reason spends the night crying that they can't be together. WHY?? HE HAS GIVEN YOU NO REASON TO LIKE HIM AT THIS POINT. SO FAR ALL YOU KNOW IS THAT HE'S HOT. The next time they interact, they kiss. Then they share these cheesy lines about how "I'm yours" and we're meant to be together and no, no, no.

Don't read this book. You've probably read it already.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacy.