Vicky's Reviews > Holidays Are Hell

Holidays Are Hell by Kim Harrison

Jan 11, 12

bookshelves: créatures-et-cie, nouvelles-shorts
Read from December 28, 2011 to January 11, 2012

Great story for those who have read the series! We already knew the big lines, the story of Rachel's first encounter with Pierce having been told before but it was a pleasure to revisit it in details and to discover a younger, more vulnerable Rachel. It had an emotionally charged ending that simply delighted me. It was simply a pleasure to revisit that story from a different time and angle.

RUN, RUN, RUDOLH - Lynsay Sands

A very good chase, fast paced, funny and even a little sexy! Not exactly literary, very cinematic and definitely enjoyable. That one kept me smiling. It is the author's sense of humour that dominates and makes the story worth reading. Light, fun and entertaining.

SIX - Marjorie M. Liu

I found the characters fascinating, there remains a mystery about them, as if there was more to them that was worth searching for. I really enjoyed that, it made them real somehow, multi-dimensional. Their motivations for some of their actions and decisions remain unclear at the end of the story, it's obvious it is meant to be that way and as a reader I wasn't bothered at all by that, quite the opposite since I felt it made them more human, simply following their instincts. I picked up this book for the Kim Harrison story but I might read some of mrs Liu's other work, I'm curious now.

THE HARVEST - Vicki Pettersson

I can't say it was bad, but I didn't really get into this story. It didn't draw me in, and unfortunaly I didn't care much for the main character. It was ok, not more than that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holidays Are Hell.