Krista the Krazy Kataloguer's Reviews > Skippyjon Jones in the Doghouse

Skippyjon Jones in the Doghouse by Judy Schachner

Nov 23, 11

bookshelves: read-cat-books, read-childrens-books
Read in November, 2011

I just love Skippyjon Jones! Such a vivid imagination! I love Mrs. Junebug Jones too, and all the cute little names she has for him, like "little crumb cake". In this story, Skippyjon is caught drawing on the walls, and for that, "Mr. Doodlepaws" is sent to his room to think about being a Siamese cat and not a chihuahua. But soon enough his imagination takes him on another wild adventure as Skippito Friskito, and his punishment is forgotten. It's the artwork that really makes this series, from Mama's cat-face apron to the three little sisters. The dialogue in Skippyjon's "adventures" is part English, part Spanish, and part Spanglish, with "-ito" added on to the end of a lot of words, sometimes making reading it aloud quite a tongue-twister. The book is accompanied by a CD, presumably with the story and the songs on it, but I didn't listen to it. Wish I could have watched "Quiz Kitties" on TV with Mama and the girls! What will he get up to next? Well, I've read most of the books, and I think this one is my second favorite. I recommend the whole series to cat and dog lovers alike!

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skippyjon Jones in the Doghouse.