Valentina Heart's Reviews > He Needs to Feed

He Needs to Feed by Saloni Quinby

Mar 03, 12

bookshelves: glbt, glbt-sf-futur-fantasy-paran, the-romance-reviews
Read on January 29, 2012

This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

I had no idea what to expect when I started reading this one, but I was pretty intrigued by the combination of a dancer and a carpenter. Dance is something I will always be fond of and carpentry is pretty familiar when it comes to my private life, so why not see what this author made out of it.

Caleb has been fascinated by his dancer neighbor Devin since the moment he saw him, but he took a while to gather the courage to approach him. Once he does, they hit it off right away and start a relationship. However there is a rapist lurking on the streets and Caleb happens to stop his crime one night, accidentally killing the perpetrator.

His life heads south from there as he suddenly starts hearing a voice in his head and feels the uncontrollable urge to have sex. It makes him afraid of what he might do to Devin so he breaks up with him and tries to handle his issue alone.

Devin eventually does find out and the problem does get solved but the path to that moment was paved with interesting situations.

My favorite character in this story was Caleb's father Al. The guy was hilarious and had me chuckling even before he spoke. But all of the characters were interesting in their own way and brought something to the table. There is instant love in this story as well as a few far-fetched events, but I liked it in strange sort of way. Honestly this book reminded me of an 80's horror/comedy movie My Demon Lover. I couldn't get it out of my head and I probably liked the story more simply because of that fact.

The writing was okay, a bit rushed but with enough funny bits to keep the reader entertained. Saloni Quinby is a promising author whose books certainly have spark.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read He Needs to Feed.