Kate Dutson's Reviews > Inheritance

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Dec 28, 11

bookshelves: dragons, young-adult, fantasy
Read from December 23 to 26, 2011, read count: 1

A book of three parts, Inheritance, and these somewhat uneven. Firstly a good deal of war-type stuff - seiges and the like, as the Varden finally draw nigh to their enemy: little victories, politics and drawn-out fighting. In short, I found myself losing interest in chapters devoid of Eragon and Saphira, or of Nasuada.

Secondly the final showdown. The casting down of Galbatorix at last did not feel hurried, and the manner in which it was achieved felt sufficiently powerful, if a very little too easy - I'd expected a good deal more casulties and sacrifices than Paolini included.

Lastly the author set about concluding every little subplot - a sadly anti-climactic act for it took many chapters, and much of it (though not all, you understand) did not sit well with me. There was detail where it needn't be, and not enough elsewhere, and would have better served spread throughout the whole book, or simply left to the imagination. I suppose the ending left me unsettled, being a little sad; a little happy - but not enough of either.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inheritance.