B.'s Reviews > Between, Georgia

Between, Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson

Jun 23, 2008

Recommended to B. by: Treehugger
Recommended for: a Georgia native ~ or just about anyone that enjoys being amused
Read in June, 2008

I found myself laughing out loud when I read this! Every chapter was a new "chunk" of drama in Between, Georgia. I love books that are set in the South, especially Georgia since I was born, raised and still live in Georgia.

Nonny seemed to always be in a pickle and I was always rooting her on.

~~~***SPOILER***~~~

I found myself wanting to slap Nonny silly over her interactions with Jonno. And I definately wanted to choke the life out of Bernese. And I certainly couldn't help but keep my fingers crossed that she would end up with Henry, even if he was a cousin - albeit, a fourth cousin. I also felt my eyes well up over the loss of Stacia's dolls, Genny's dog attack, and the possible loss of Fisher.

This book definately kept me guessing. I never expected to be touched emotional in so many different ways. My mouth was either a gaping hole of "what the hell", an upturned smile of satisfaction, a quivering lip of despair and sorrow... and I'm pretty sure I scowled a time or two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between, Georgia.

02/04/2016 marked as: read

treehugger Your words are exactly how I felt about this book and the characters in it - I totally wanted to take Bernese outside a few times so I could beat her silly!! The characters were so REAL, weren't they? And I definitely laughed and cried - both the goal of reading, but unfortunately don't happen very often - so kudos to this book, and I'm glad you enjoyed it :). have you read Gods in Alabama yet? Both my university and town libraries have it checked out, so i'm trying to patiently wait...

message 2: by B. (new) - rated it 5 stars

B. I have a trade paperback copy of it that I would love to send you! Let me know your address and I'll stick it in the mail. I have so many books in line ahead of gods in Alabama, so it wouldn't mess up my reading "mojo" so to speak LOL!

treehugger oh, that is so sweet, thanks! But I was lucky enuf to get it from public lib yesterday!! Thanks again :)

message 4: by B. (new) - rated it 5 stars

B. No worries :) I can't wait to see if it measures up to Between. Happy Reading :)

treehugger I'm reading the girl who stopped swimming first, (I was able to get that just as someone was returning it yesterday) since there are no renewals on it, so I'll let you know about that one asap :). Thanks again for your kind offer! - Let me know if there are any you need but can't find where you are, I have mountains of books at home to rival the Rockies!
-Rachel