Amanda's Reviews > Revealing Eden

Revealing Eden by Victoria Foyt

F_50x66
Dec 28, 11

Read on December 28, 2011

Set in an unique idea of the future, Revealing Eden offers a unique and unexpected vision of a post-apocalyptic world where beauty, class and genetics are intertwined in ways that turn the expected on its head. Author Victoria Foyt creates a unique and frightening world that will stay with you.

Eden Newman is quickly approaching her 18th birthday, and in her oppressive totalitarian world, every one must mate by 18, or risk being thrown out into the burning, overheated world without any resources and certain death. But Eden's white skin and light hair brand her as a Pearl, the lower class who is not resistant to the beating sun -unlike the ruling class, the dark-skinned Coals. If Eden can mate with a Coal, she just might be safe, even if she doesn't love him. It's not that easy, when Eden gets involved with her father's experiments, and it thrown into an unexpected conflict that could shape the future of humanity.

Revealing Eden has a unique and unexpected concept that drew me in from the very beginning. The characters and their conflicts perfectly complimented the concepts, especially Eden, who felt like a real teenage girl dealing with honest issues that would plague any girl in her situation -but there's this spark to Eden that makes her a fighter, and that gets readers involved in her life and her conflicts -and makes me root for her.

Despite all the awesome in this book, I had a little trouble with the setting. It just wasn't strong enough. I wasn't able to visualize most of it, and it was tough to get completely engrossed in the world. This especially became an issue when the setting drastically changed later on in the book, after Eden got out of her society's protective underground world. It was nearly impossible for me to see what was going on.

However, I still enjoyed this book. It was fast-paced, and I couldn't put it down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revealing Eden.

12/28/2011 page 50