Missy Olive's Reviews > Populazzi

Populazzi by Elise Allen

Dec 28, 11

Read in December, 2011

I have to admit that I've known about this book for a while. I put it off because, well, it's a YA. I didn't want my bonus children to catch me reading a YA novel!

But since I had heard so many wonderful things about Populazzi, I thought it would be good for me to broaden my reading genres. I am so glad that I did! I could not put the book down. I went to sleep wondering what would happen to Cara and her Ladder Climb.

I know that she is in high school. I know that teen dating and youthful high school drama is so yesterday. But the story was good great. Elise crafted a story that is unpredictable, suspenseful, and complete with a love story. You should know by now that I'm a sucker for a good love story.

I have to know though, do teenagers really keep a list of boys and mark off who they make out with and who they have sex with? Surely they didn't do that when I was in school?!?! Or perhaps I was just one of the "Happy Hopeless" who wasn't cool enough to know what other girls were doing?

I digress. Add this book to your "to read" shelves and get to reading. I'm curious if you will fly through it as quickly as I did.

Note: Parents, if your teens read this book, be sure to make yourself available for discussions about content (e.g., sex, drugs, and keeping secrets from your parents).

Teens, if you read this book, please make sure that you have available an adult that you trust so that you can discuss topics that may be confusing or difficult to fully understand.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Populazzi.