Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)'s Reviews > Obsidian

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Dec 30, 11

bookshelves: love-it, aliens, best-romance
Read from December 29 to 30, 2011

Love it.!!!Son of...a biscuit.!

Merged review:

Soooooo...This story goes like:girl meets boy,the boy is an alien,girl falls for the boy,the boy is a jerk.
The story begins with Kat unpacking boxes in order to settle down in their new home.Since her father died three years ago(terminal brain cancer)her mother decided it was time for a change.So when Kat goes to ask their neighbors where the closest grocery store is she is stunned by what she sees.A very broad, tan, well-muscled naked chest,perfect,totally touchable ripped stomach(her words not mine),who apparently has a name,Daemon.But Daemon is not who she thinks(apart from a douchebag,a dickhead and several other charming things).Daemon and his twin sister Dee live together and Dee and kat quickly become best friends.That's it till weird things happen when kat is around the twins as Dee's arm blurrs,Daemon can stay over ten minutes under the water and everyone stares them.
While these things happen though Daemon tries to convince her that she just imagened them.Kat being sure that these thing did happen continues to ask more questions and gets no answers.When one night Kat gets attacked by an Arum(enemies of Daemon's kind) and Daemon saves her,she is more confused than ever about what really happened.As things progress and they go to school Kat meets Daemons ex-girlfriend Ash.Ash is very rude to her and so Kat doesn't try to hide her feelings and they very first day at school dumped her food on Ash and Daemon's heads,since Ash was sitting on his lap(i think he deserved it too cause he was such a jerk with her the whole time...poor Kat).The following day Daemon tells Kat that he wants to talk to her and that she should meet him to his house.
Daemon being Daemon,decides that they should talk while walking cause when he's walking he doesn't turn into the dickhead Daemon. So,
they begin walking to the woods when he starts talking and really makes her angry with what he says and after having reached the point where she can't get any more she runs away from him and right into a car which is going to hit her.Daemon stops time and saves her but is now forced to tell her all the truth.
I really liked this book,though,there were times that i wanted to grab Daemon and kick his a**.I hated so much the hot one minute and cold the other attitude.Anyway,this was the first book i read by Jennifer L. Armentrout and i really enjoyed it.Things flowed naturally(at least as far as aliens are considered) and the plot was captivating and i would have never guessed the end.I have to say that the end was intriguing but the same time fascinating,as well.
I totally recommend this book to anyone who has doubts about reading it.It's a really worth young-adult book.

First posted in:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

Quotes Sophia T. Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You look like you're twelve. No. Maybe thirteen, but my sister has this doll that kinda reminds me of you. All big-eyed and vacant.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“The day my internet was hooked up was better than having a hot guy check out my butt and ask for my phone number.”
tags: katy

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“My palms itched to have a close encounter of the bitch-slap kind with his face.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I hate you and your freaky alien powers.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Thanks,” I muttered and added under my breath, “Douchebag.”

He laughed, deep and throaty. “Now that’s not very ladylike, Kittycat.”

I whipped around. “Don’t ever call me that,” I snapped.

“It’s better than calling someone a douchebag, isn’t it?” He pushed out the door. “This has been a stimulating visit. I’ll cherish it for a long time to come.”

Okay. That was it. “You know, you’re right. How wrong of me to call you a douchebag. Because a douchebag is too nice of a word for you,” I said, smiling sweetly. “You’re a dickhead.”

“A dickhead?” he repeated. “How charming.”

I flipped him off.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of hot boys.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“But no matter where I went, what I was running from would still be with me—Kat. She wasn’t just back in the house, in that bed. She was with me now, inside me. And there was no outrunning that.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I couldn't stop staring at his mouth when he spoke. I bet he knew how to kiss. Perfect kisses too, ones that weren't wet and gross, but the kind that curled toes.
I needed to stop looking at him in general.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I'm not leaving, Kitten. You're going to do this."
My mouth opened as did the door behind us. Stomach dropping, I turned to see Mom standing there in all her fuzzy-bunny pajama glory. Oh, for the love of God.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You know what they say about boys next door...”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I've always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect." His eyes searched mine intently, and for a moment we stood there toe to toe. "The ones who throw their beauty around, waste what they have? Their beauty is only passing. It's just a shell hiding nothing but shadows and emptiness.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I didn't want to spoil the mood. This was probably the longest Daemon and I had ever spoken without some statement earning him the finger.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I was feeling the height of bitchiness.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Ash is going to kick your ass, Daemon."
Daemon's grin went up a notch. "Nah, she likes my ass too much for that.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Will you show me what you really look like? You don't sparkle, do you?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“How long have you been standing there?"
"Just long enough to see you give Daemon the middle finger."
"He deserved it.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I didn't tell you this because I'm sure you would've changed your mind about the dress."
"What?" I frowned. "Does it make my butt look big?"
She laughed. "No. You looked stunning in it."
"Then what's the deal?"
Her smile turned downright mischievous. "Oh, you know, just that the color red is Daemon's favorite.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Remind me," he paused, drawing in a stuttered gasp, "to never piss you off again. Christ, are you secretly a ninja?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I bet you think things through, right? Accept candy
from strangers and get into vans with a sign that reads free Kittens?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“And this is why you don’t want me to be friends with Dee, because you were afraid that I’d find out the truth?”
“That, and you’re a human. Humans are weak. They bring us nothing but trouble.”
My eyes narrowed. “We aren’t weak. And you’re on our planet. How about a little respect, buddy.”
Amusement flickered in his emerald eyes. “Point taken.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Aliens—if they exist—are little green men with big eyes and spindly arms or…or giant insects or something like a lumpy
little creature.” Daemon let out a loud laugh. “ET?”
“Yes! Like ET, asshole. I’m so glad you find this funny.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You haven’t locked yourself in any rooms or rocked in any corners, right?”
I rolled my eyes and began walking again. “No Daemon, but thanks for making sure I’m mentally sound and all.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Oh, yeah.” Carissa nodded. “They were googley-eyed in class on Friday. It was pretty steamy, the whole ‘I’m
screwing you with my eyes’ thing they had going on.” I choked on my drink. “That was not what we were doing. We were talking!”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Why are you such an ass?" The words came out before I could think twice.
"Everyone has to excel at something, right?"
"Well, you're doing a great job.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You're perfect for me,' I whispered in my own language.”

“You jerk."

Grinning, he backed down the steps. "I'll see you at noon, Kitten."

"I hate you," I hissed.

"The feeling's mutual." He glanced over his shoulder. "Twenty bucks says you wear a once-piece swimsuit."

He was insufferable.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
Holy Hawt Chemisty, Batman!
tags: lesa

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“What's your deal?" I asked in the hallway after class. "I know you did that."

He shrugged. "So?"
... "That was rude, Daemon. You embarrassed him." ... "And I thought using your ... stuff would draw them here?"
... "That was barley a blip on the map. That didn't even leave a trace on anyone."
He lowered his head until the edges of his dark curled brushed my cheek. I was caught between wanting to crawl into my locker or crawl into him. "Besides, I was doing you a favor."
I laughed. "And how was that doing me a favor?"
... "Studying math wasn't what he had in mind."
That was debatable, but I decided to play along ... "And what if that's the case?"
"You like Simon?" His chin jerked up, anger flashing in his emerald eyes. "You can't possibly like him."
... "Are you jealous? ... Your jealous of Simon?" I lowered my voice. "Of a human? For shame, Daemon.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Swimming was the last thing I wanted to do. Drowning him? Maybe.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You don't look like an alien!' It seemed important to point that out.

He arched a brow. 'And what do aliens look like?'

'Not...not like you,' I sputtered. 'They aren't gorgeous--'

'You think I'm gorgeous?' He smiled.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“For a moment, I pretended. Not that we weren't two different species, because I didn't see him that way, but that we actually liked each other.

And then he shifted and rolled. I was on my back, and he was still on the move. His face burrowed into the space between my neck and shoulder, nuzzling. Sweet baby Jesus...Warm breath danced over my skin, sending shivers down my body. His arm was heavy against my stomach, his leg between mine, pushing up and up. Scorched air fled my lungs.

Daemon murmured in a language I couldn't understand. Whatever it was, it sounded beautiful and soft. Magical. Unearthly.

I could've woken him up but for some reason I didn't. The thrill of him touching me was far stronger than anything else.

His hand was on the edge of the borrowed shirt, his long fingers on the strip of exposed flesh between the hem on the shirt and the band of the worn pajama bottoms. And his hand inched up under the shirt, across my stomach, where it dipped slightly. My pulse went into cardiac territory. The tips of his fingers brushed my ribs. His body moved, his knee pressed against me.

I gasped.

Daemon stilled. No one moved. The clock on the wall ticked.

And I cringed.”

“She's a stupid-'

'Be careful what you say next.' Daemon's voice was low but carried. 'Because what you don't know and what you can't possibly understand will get a bolt of light in your face.'

My eyes widened, as did pretty much everyone's in the room. Ash swallowed thickly and turned her cheek, letting her blonde hair cover her face.

'Daemon,' Mr Garrison said, stepping forward. 'Threatening one of your own for her? I didn't expect this from you.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Daemon arched a brow. 'Are you feeling me up, Kat? I'm liking where this is heading.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I don't think he meant to kiss me," I said finally.
"What? Did he slip and fall on your mouth? Those things are known to happen.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I captured her cheeks, pulling her back to my hungry mouth. Man, I couldn’t get enough of her taste, of how she gave it right back to me on all fronts. Her hands went to the button on my jeans.
There was a cracking sound in the house. Most likely something had just went up in flames.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Maria to teleioses kiolas bre thirio?

Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov) arxisa na to daivaxw to prwi(kata tis 12:30) xwris dialleima kai to teleiwsa prin kana misawro...den htan kai poli megalo.mou arese para poli kai ekana kai review.etsi kai alliws twra de exw sxolio kai diavazw vivlia pou thelw...(panta apo to goodreads)

Maria δεν είναι βλαμμενο το παιδι μασ? δεν θεσ να του σπάσεισ τα μούτρα κυριολεκτικά ομωσ? ha ha

Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov) re einai poli xazos thn mia htan olo shnaisthhma kai thn allh htan "shgnwmh se kserw"?
mou 'rxetai na tou spasw ta moutra...

Maria ναι τον γλυκό μου δεν μπορεισ να πεισ χα χα η συγγραφεασ εχει ανεβασει ενα chapter από την δίκη του οπτική γωνία πήγαινε να το διαβάσεισ να δεις εγώ άλλαξα τελειωσ γνώμη για αυτόν

Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov) ok tha paw...

Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov) to diavasa....einai TELEIO makari na grapsei kai allo

Maria εμενα μου άλλαξε την γνώμη τελειώσ έχει ανεβάσει και άλλο από την σκηνή που πετάει τα μακαρόνια στην ash lol

Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov) xaxaxaxaxaxaxax.....nai htan teleia

Maria h sigekrimenh skhnh htane pou na thn diavases meso Daemon...

Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov) makari na vgalei to vivlio kai apo thn meria(optikh gwnia) tou Daemon....

Maria hmm ti na sou po ... mexri omos na bgalei as diavazoume sto blog tis pou anevazei kapia shmeia apo thn dikia tou thn pleura.. ta vivlia tha ta paragilo na ta exo <3

Sophia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov) aaaaaaa....wraia.erwthsh:kathe pote anevazei Povs apo thn meria tou Daemon?einai tuxaia h exei kathorismenh hmerominia?

Maria πολύ τυχαία το βλεπω στο twitter οταν τα ανεβαζει!

Sofia Sophia I loved it! omg it's so freaking obsessing! Yesterday I read the first and second one, and I'm already reading the third :) Daemon is so dreamy