Emily's Reviews > Masque of the Red Death

Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin

*An ARC was provided by Harper Collins in exchange for an honest review*

I just have one question for myself: Why on earth did I wait this long to read this book?! Can anyone answer that??!! :P

I loved it. Loved loved loved it. It was amazing. The writing was good, the story line was good, and the idea was good. If I had to say one bad thing it was that some of the events (like Araby meeting Will) were really sudden and kind of weird because they had no build to them, but other than that this book is great. I loved the plot twists and turns and it was just amazing. Amazing.

Okay, so there's kind of a mini love-triangle going on in this book: Araby, Will, and Elliott. I honestly can't choose who I like best. On one hand, Will is adorable. So cute and sexy and really really nice. But he does do something unforgivable so I kind of liked him less when I finished the book. On the other, Elliott is kind of a jerk, but in the end he is totally cute and caring so I like him as well.
I also really really liked Araby. She didn't go between the two guys and play them both. She kind of stuck to one and when he blew it she went to the other, which I'm fine with. She was totally kick-ass and strong and I love that.

While this book does have a few minor similarities to Edgar Allen Poe's version, I think this book makes a name for itself with that it is AMAZING!

~Emily @ Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Masque of the Red Death.

04/06/2012 page 294
92.0% "I think I'm in love with Will"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mackenzie (Oh, For the Love of Books!) OMg! How'd you get this?! I'm so jealous!! how are you liking it so far?

Emily I asked the author for an arx :p
I'm actually like 3 pages in but when I get farther I'll let you know how I like it! :)

message 3: by Krystel (new) - added it

Krystel I am jealous!!! I want to read that book so bad!! Enjoy!

Emily Mackenzie (Oh, For the Love of Books!) wrote: "OMg! How'd you get this?! I'm so jealous!! how are you liking it so far?"

LOVED IT!!!

message 5: by Mackenzie (Oh, For the Love of Books!) (last edited Apr 07, 2012 11:02AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mackenzie (Oh, For the Love of Books!) WOOT! Seriously, I'm so freakin excited for this book! ughh....I hate waiting! :P

Emily Haha same here :D

The Cover Contessa really want to read this one!

Emily you need to get it asap because it is so freaking good!!!!

message 9: by heather (new) - added it

heather i wanna read it to it looks good lol:)!

Emily It is good ;p