Arya's Reviews > The Silver Chair

Jun 23, 08

bookshelves: christian-fiction, fantasy
Recommended to Arya by: My Father
Recommended for: Anyone

Although not my all time favorite (that honored place belongs to Prince Caspian)the Silver Chair is next in line. According to Douglas Gresham, Lewis had a peticularly rough time choosing a title for this book that the publishers would except. He went through, Knight's under Narnia, Nomes under Narnia, News nder Narnia, and then breaking with his, "under Narnia" theme, the Silver Chair. This title is perfect for this story. Puddleglum, is a great character. He's, probably the reason this is one of my favorite books, he's so-o funny! Also I love the Prince. Especially that line when the nomes are all around them and he says to Jill "Then madame we shall die fighting around you and you must commend yourself to the Lion." He's such a gentleman. Eustice is of course a breath of fresh air in himself after the terrible character he represented in the Voyage of the Dawn Treader, the complete turn around of his personality is a good show of what happens when some one is saved. all in all, Jack kept up his reputation as a one-of-a-kind author in this story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Silver Chair.