Terrysmithemail's Reviews > Peter and the Starcatchers

Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry

U 50x66
Dec 28, 11

Read in December, 2011

Many people would rate this book higher, and I understand that. The plotting ix really well-crafted. The authors keep several balls in the air at a time and really know how to keep the suspense going. And it does a good job of fitting in all the pieces you need to create the backstory to Peter Pan. The fault I find is that there is no character development, or really much personality in any of the characters to begin with. It's an action book--a totally guy book. There are action sequences but no swashbuckling, suppressed attraction between Molly and Peter but no emotion, lost boys but no comraderie. (OK, that it's a guy book and also co-written by Dave Barry is something of a tautology.) Also, Dave Barry is the best fill-in-the-blank comedian of his day. (Fatter than a ____, a voice as raspy as ____), but there's almost none of that in the book. For that alone I was a little disappointed. It would have spiced it up.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peter and the Starcatchers.