Stephen's Reviews > The Destructibles

The Destructibles by IsaKFT

Mar 07, 2012

Read from January 31 to March 07, 2012

Disclaimer - I received this book from the author through Smashwords for the purpose of review.

The Destructibles is a dystopian future tale that feels all too real. It is set in a very near future where media companies have gained territorial monopolies that encompass continents. These media empires influence everything from brand marketing to politics, even to the point of controlling government actions. All official news and entertainment must come from the cable and internet provided by these giant corporations. Paper media, aka "destructibles", are considered subversive elements to be snuffed out.

This story focuses on a murder "mystery" surrounding the death of one media CEO and the actions of his successors, subordinates, rebels, and revolutionaries.

Watching the news media of today, I can honestly say that this story could come true. Fox and MSNBC provide radically skewed viewpoints that flavor the perceptions of their viewers. We are under the influence of media "brainwashing" every day. IsaKFT has brought a dose of "reality check" to her fictional tale and it scares me.

The story is a bit short and could use a little more meat. I wanted to keep reading about these characters and their fight to change the face of their world. I do hope we get to revisit these characters in the future. Other than a few typos/spelling errors, the writing was excellent. I could feel the confusion of the CEO's heir and the frustration of the defense attorney. I felt like I was absorbed in their struggles, and I like that in a story.

I say give IsaKFT and 'The Destructibles' a chance. You very likely will enjoy it like I did!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Destructibles.

02/09/2012 page 5
03/05/2012 page 130
71.0% "This is a future that we may be already rapidly approaching...scary!"
show 16 hidden updates…