Holly's Reviews > Blood Moon

Blood Moon by Alyxandra Harvey

Aug 06, 12

bookshelves: own, series, vampires
Read from August 05 to 06, 2012, read count: 1

This is probably one of the first times if not the first time I've rated an Alyxandra Harvey book at less than 5 stars. I just couldn't rate this one at a 5, no matter how much I wanted to before I started the book.

I thought it was weird going in that this didn't focus on one of the other brothers, like Marcus or Duncan, like all the other books had. But then I got thinking and realized that Nicholas and Lucy never really had their own book, so I figured this counted for that. And I let it slide.

It's actually kind of a smart move because the many series subplots and characters were getting away from the central story. It was hard to focus on what the point actually was. This, by returning to familiar characters and not really introducing anyone new, helped refocus it.

But...

Isn't there always a but? I just really struggled with the book because there was SO MUCH action and tension that bled through every single chapter. It got to the point where I'd have to put it down, do something else for ten minutes, and then come back. I almost wanted to start rolling my eyes at every new disaster. There are more questions than answers at this point. We really have no idea what's going on at the end any more than we do at the beginning. And that's frustrating.

I honestly have no idea what happened in this story. I mean, in subtext. Obviously, my reading comprehension capabilities are just fine. But there are so many puzzle pieces to connect and I'm starting to feel like it's that puzzles that's all one shade and freaking impossible to put together. We'd better be getting some answers soon or these ratings are going to be going downhill fast.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Moon.

Quotes Holly Liked

Alyxandra Harvey
“Oh Crap," Connor muttered. "She's going Darth Vader on us.”
Alyxandra Harvey, Blood Moon