Cathie's Reviews > Girls in White Dresses

Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close

Dec 28, 11

Some books have seemingly no point, and yet somehow they find a place in our hearts. That was the case for me with “Girls in White Dresses.” It was a book that chronicled the lives of a group of college friends in their post-college years as they meandered their ways through their 20s, their careers, boyfriends and the search for love.

It’s hard to explain what this book was actually about, as there was really no plot. It was quite literally a series of anecdotes in the lives of the main characters. Each chapter was it’s own short story of sorts about a phase in a character’s life. And, while it was interesting, the skipping around from character to character made it impossible to really get to know any one character.

I enjoyed, and even related to, many of the anecdotes, but I have to admit to being confused about which character was which. The entire story seemed pointless and fragmented. There was no story...no beginning, middle and end. And yet it was interesting enough that I finished reading it.

I wish I could give it a better review than 3-stars, because I really did like it; but there was so much that it was missing that keeps me from recommending it to others.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girls in White Dresses.