Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > Croak

Croak by Gina Damico

I knew it! I knew this book will be awesome! You hear me evil guy who lives in my head and makes me choose shitty books?? DO-YOU-HEAR-ME???

Instead of behaving like a brainless fangirl and squeal my ass off with useless words/sounds like ZOMG BFRRRR AAAA GAAAHHHH and ZIIING I chose to make a list of things that I loved about Croak. Fair enough? I’m trying my best here so cut me some slack.

Ok so, let’s begin.

But no, first I have to mention that the order has no special meaning. So you can stop psychoanalyzing me. Thank you.

So, first stop we have the cover. It bedazzled me since I laid my eyes on its perfection and it is one of the main reasons I got the book in the first place. This and the cool title.

Then we have death, Grimm Reapers, scythes, cool hoodies, a rocker uncle, a giant Titanic poster, jellyfish, dead writers, a tremendously hot one eye blue the other one brown piece of eye candy and a self-destructive brat that I loved since page one.

The final and most important aspect that I loved: the humor. It’s delicious! This book made me lol in public, people were staring, and I was not caring. Fun fun fun!

Did I make you think of Friday? Did I? Huh?? Did I?

P.S. Did I mention that I want an adult urban fantasy with this theme? Waiter! More guns, foul words, carnage and sex please!

P.P.S. If I were to paste all the quotes I love I’d spoil the entire book. Yes, they’re that many!

P.P.P.S. I was sure it was (view spoiler) since the beginning!

P.P.P.P.S. The ending was amazing and heartbreaking. I was not expecting (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Croak.

Quotes Anzu Liked

Gina Damico
“Life isn't fair. Why should death be any different?”
Gina Damico, Croak

04/04/2012
0.0% "MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!12!334!! *chokes and dies*" 4 comments
04/05/2012
8.0% "I'm in love! *_*" 8 comments
04/08/2012
100.0% "RCS"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Celia Hinojosa The cover also caught my attention and was the main reason that I got the book. You're right who wouldn't read this book when it included all of those things! The humor in the book is amazing, I almost laughed out loud in my class reading it haha. I was not expecting the heartbreaking ending either. the ending made me want to cry and throw the book at the same time.

Anzu The Great Destroyer Sad that the second book wasn't as good.

message 3: by Dkurtessis (new)

Dkurtessis Agree, 2nd not as good. Even though it started exactly where the first ended, I only got about 25% done and couldn't go on any more. But LOVED the first!

Anzu The Great Destroyer Dkurtessis wrote: "Agree, 2nd not as good. Even though it started exactly where the first ended, I only got about 25% done and couldn't go on any more. But LOVED the first!"

It happened the same with me. But I tried my best to finish the second one when I should have dropped it. Oh well.