Patricia's Reviews > Pushing the Limits

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

I read Pushing Limits a while ago, and loved it. I still remember how it made me feel, and it’s rare for Young Adult titles to leave that kind of impression on me. At first, I wasn’t sure how to review it, though. I wanted to let it all sink in, because then it is way easier to go with sarcasm, but with Pushing the Limits, even months after reading everything about Echo, I still feel ‘raw’.

Echo was a very real character. I was able to relate to her, and see things through her eyes, but I don’t think I can do her any justice: Everything about Pushing the Limits, even the HEA, made me sad. Both Echo and Noah deserve better than they got, in the first place and in the end. Even though they are fictional characters, I felt very real empathy.

But it made me wonder why. It could be the writing style, which was very clear and consistent. Obviously, the characters, and also the plot and conflicts, both of which hit close to home. But when I look at the whole book and try to pinpoint the reason why I love it down to one single thing, I have no idea. All I can say is that when I first saw this title on Goodreads, I felt a weird compulsion to check it out, and then request it on NetGalley.

And though I wish I could talk about the content of the book more eloquently -about her therapist, his brothers, the school, and car- I am literally unable to do so. Which frustrates me alot. Just like the HEA did. In a good way, though.

In Short

Read this. It’s a mature YA title, that makes you feel things, it’s romantic and sad and sweet, and it has a hopeful ending. There is lots of progress, and really, everything one could want from a YA Contemporary novel. 5 stars.

(It’s declared a series, but the second title won’t be about Echo and Noah.)
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pushing the Limits.

Crini Du weißt dass es das auf Netgalley gibt? Oder meinst du print Ausgabe? :D

Patricia Ich hab es schon gelesen, aber es speichert einfach mal meine Rezi nicht. o.o Das da oben ist noch die "Rezi" von vor Wochen. >_<

Crini oh :D

message 4: by Patricia (last edited May 25, 2012 03:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Patricia Aaah! Weil ich den einen Smiley in der Rezi hatte, wurde alles darauf Folgende als Dings betrachtet. Wie da oben in meinem zweiten Kommi, wo die eine Klammer einfach mal weggedingst wurde und alles, was ich darauf geschrieben hatte, fehlt. XD Fail!

Crini Boah, das regt mich an GR so auf. Ich mach den Smily total oft und jedes Mal ist der halbe Kommentar weg -.-

message 6: by Patricia (last edited May 26, 2012 05:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Patricia Mir ist das da erst aufgefallen.. Will nicht wissen, wo ich überall nur halbe Kommentare hab. o.o

.. Oder halbe Rezensionen.

Jennifer YAY! Glad you found a YA you really enjoyed and connected with. I felt really bad for Noah and I agree with them still not having everything they deserve at the end even though it was HEA.

Stéphanie I can't wait to read your official review. I'm in the same emotional state right now and gosh, that book made me suffer like I've never suffered in my entire life.