Mel's Reviews > Third Grave Dead Ahead

Third Grave Dead Ahead by Darynda Jones

Jul 08, 2015

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, favorite-author, series-i-love, fantasy-urban-fantasy, demons
Read in February, 2012

WOW!!! Charlie rocks and Cookie sizzles. In the third book, Charlie uses abilities as the grim reaper to search for a doctor's missing wife, a dog killer, and Reyes's abusive father. Emotions are high...the men in this series are irritating! Reyes is one hot one hot alpha but he seriously needs to curb his testosterone levels, so he can actually think before he acts. Fascinating twists...and I cannot wait until the next book is released. I love this series. I laugh out loud at Charlie and Cookie's antics.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Third Grave Dead Ahead.

Quotes Mel Liked

Darynda Jones
“In a moment of sheer terror, I realized I couldn't feel my brain. It was there just a minute ago. Maybe I really was dead. "Do I look dead to you?”
tags: humor

Darynda Jones
“I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. - T-SHIRT”

Darynda Jones
“Lead me not into temptation. I can find it myself. (T-Shirt)”

Darynda Jones
“Ask me about my complete lack of interest. (T-shirt)”

Darynda Jones
“Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. -T-Shirt”

Darynda Jones
“But give up my business? The same business I'd built from the ground up with my own two hands and designer Louis Vuittons? The same business for which I'd sacrificed blood, sweat, and tears? Well, maybe not sweat and tears, but there was blood. Lots of blood. Give it up? Not likely. Besides, what else would I do? I totally should've gone to Hogwarts when I had the chance.”

Darynda Jones
“Let me express how much I don't care on a scale of one to bite me," the former detective said.”

Darynda Jones
“Did you catch the time-of-great-suffering thing?”

Her expression softened. “Can you just make sure I’m not around when it happens?”

“No can do,” I said, strolling back to my office with a negating wave of my hand. “If I have to suffer, then so does everyone else within a ten-mile radius.”

She pursed her lips. “What ever happened to taking one for the team?”

“Was never much of a team player.”

“Sacrificing yourself for the greater good?”

“Not that into human sacrifice.”

“Suffering in silence?”

I stopped and turned back to her, my eyes narrowing accusingly. “If I have to suffer, I’ll be screaming your name at the top of my lungs the whole time. You’ll be able to hear me all the way to Jersey, mark my words.”

- Charley to Cookie”
Darynda Jones, Third Grave Dead Ahead

Shay I enjoyed this series also.