Loralee's Reviews > I'll Walk Alone

F 50x66
Dec 27, 11

bookshelves: mystery, suspense
Read in December, 2011

As my family and friends know, I don't like scary movies. I don't like scary books. I like to sleep at night. Because I don't usually read "suspense" books I believe this is the first Mary Higgins Clark book I've read. Perhaps because it was my first run in with this author, I found her writing challenging at time. Her "voice" wasn't always consistent within the same chapter. I could understand writing from different points of views but sometimes I wondered how such an experienced author could get away with the type of writing she produces.

Despite those faults, I really enjoyed this book. I thought I knew who the bad guy was and was patting myself on the back because of how smart I was. I was wrong.

This is a story about a single mother whose three year old son is kidnapped in Central Park in New York City. She hasn't given up hope of someday being united with him again. However,about two years after his disappearance, it becomes apparent that someone is stealing her identity. It also become very apparent that someone is trying to pin her son's kidnapping and possible murder on her.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I'll Walk Alone.