Monica's Reviews > The Dead Girls' Dance

The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine

Dec 27, 11

bookshelves: reviewed
Read in December, 2011

This girl is just insane. I remember how I was when I was a teenage but I don't think I had life threatening situations to contend with on a day to day basis. I feel bad that such a young but brilliant girl has to deal with these. The more and more I read about Morganville the more and more I wonder why in the hell everyone doesn't' just pack it up, get out, and stay out. Why would you want to stay in a Vampire feeding ground when there were so many other places to live. But...if the heroine left the town then we would have no story at all.

I really hated Shane in this book. I had originally though he was a much stronger character than to let his Dad push him around but, I don't know much about father/son dynamics so I could be totally wrong. On that note, I hate Shane's dad too. I mean, I can understand his need for revenge but at the expense of killing his son's friends and people he cares about. Not worth it man. On that note Rachel Caine sure knows how to throw a punch at the reader in this book. She is totally not afraid to torture her characters and it shows in this book. Poor Claire goes through so much in such a short period of time, it is horrifying. I also still hate Monica for the record.

I think the plot was pretty good. it lagged a bit in the middle but it soon picked right back up. I think that I will continue reading this series just to see if poor Claire gets the good karma she has been wracking up since book one. Whew. This book will keep you shocked and on edge, I can guarantee you that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead Girls' Dance.