Arthur's Reviews > Shelton's Choice

Shelton's Choice by Dianne Hartsock

The weakest book in the series. Too melodramatic. Partly because the author wanted to put too many things ((view spoiler), and partly, IMO, Shelton makes an out-of-character decision. (view spoiler). And there are too many potential Big Misunderstandings (you know, when a lover sees his boyfriend in a semi-compromising position with another man) in such short story.

The writing is good, but the plots are not.

I was looking forward to this, buying practically the minute it was available at ARe. Quite disappointed as Shelton & Nevil were my favorite characters.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shelton's Choice.

Mandy*reads obsessively* Thanks for the review Arthur, I might skip this one then.
I liked the others a lot, but don't want to ruin it with this one! :)

Arthur You're welcome Mandy.. yeah sometimes it's better not knowing what the authors do to our fav characters... the writing isn't bad, though. The plots are.

Mandy*reads obsessively* Yes, I know what you mean, did you get the feeling this is the last one, or do you think I can just wait for another one, that will be better? :)

Arthur I wouldn't mind another one if the author write a good one. (view spoiler) So there's a chance of a 4th book, unless this one crashes badly.

Mandy*reads obsessively* Oh good, let's hope she writes a fourth, and I'll just pretend it's the third! ;)

Arthur Lol...
Dianne, that's a hope from your readers :-)

Mandy*reads obsessively* Arthur wrote: "Lol...
Dianne, that's a hope from your readers :-)"

Hear, hear! Lol

message 8: by Vio (new)

Vio I loved the first two as well, what a disappointment I won't be reading this one. Thanks Arthur!

Mandy*reads obsessively* Vio wrote: "I loved the first two as well, what a disappointment I won't be reading this one. Thanks Arthur!"

That will give you more time to read Vlad for me! Lol

message 10: by Vio (new)

Vio Mandy wrote: "Vio wrote: "I loved the first two as well, what a disappointment I won't be reading this one. Thanks Arthur!"

That will give you more time to read Vlad for me! Lol"

Hmm you don't give up do you lol....maybe!

Mandy*reads obsessively* Give up? What's that?

Arthur @Vio: You're welcome.

message 13: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Hartsock Sorry you didn't like the book, Arthur, but thank you for taking a minute to rate it anyway. Feedback is always a good thing, in retrospect.

Arthur You're welcome, Dianne. Always good to see author's response, particularly when the review is not exactly positive. I appreciate it. And, as you can see from discussion above, we are still hoping for Book 4 :-)