Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)'s Reviews > Need

Need by Carrie Jones

Dec 27, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: borrowed, 3-star, age-young-adult, genre-fae, genre-paranormal, genre-wolves
Read from January 24 to 25, 2012

I'm not one to read Fey books, but this one had a decent enough rating on GoodReads so as soon as I saw it sitting on the library shelf I had to pick it up.

Zara's mom sends 16 year old Zara to live with her stepfather's mother in Maine. Ever since her stepfather died of a heart attack right in front of her she hasn't been the same. Citing a list of phobias whenever she's feeling particularly emotional her thought turn to the list to distract herself.

Much like a plot that lines up with Stephenie Meyer's Twilight, Zara is the new girl in town and also catches the eye of residential hottie, Nick. With the whimsical thoughts of a teenage girl that screams how "hot" her crush is, the writing is fluid, a little corny and an entertaining read.

Filled with feys, werewolves, and other paranormal creatures of the sort, Need captured my attention and gave me an entertaining read to begin my journey into the pixie world.

Rating 3/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Need.

04/05/2016 marked as: read