Alisa's Reviews > Soul Surfer: A True Story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to Get Back on the Board

Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton

Dec 27, 11

bookshelves: 2011, non-fiction
Read in December, 2011

I am not usually into insperational books but I read the synopsis on this and remember hearing about Bethany in the news so I read this.. and I am glad I did. This Book is about looking outside yourself, for putting your faith in something that you can not see but know in your heart is there, to rise up against diversity and find your inner strength. This book makes you think, if only for the short time you are reading it, that you are lucky.. you may not have what you think is a lot or what you want but what you have is a hell of a lot more than others. It makes you remember to be greatful for the things and people you have in life and strive to be the best person you possibly can be and to never take for granted that you are alive, your breathing, and you can make a difference not only in your life but the things you do, no matter how well or badly they are done, affect others.

I deffinetely recommend this book.. it makes you think, and feel, and it is well worth your time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soul Surfer.