Ashleigh's Reviews > The Weird Sisters

The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown

Jan 15, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own, chick-lit, coming-of-age, contemporary-fiction, fiction
Read from December 27, 2011 to January 15, 2012

This book is a story about three sisters, each with their own flaws and quirks and the reasons that bring them back home. Its a really nice easy read and I devoured this in a few sittings. I enjoyed the strange third person multi narration. This is the first book Ive read which was written from this perspective and although the repeatition of "our mother" and "our father" got on my nerves a lot of the time (I am no fan of repeatition at the best of times) I loved finding out about the differences and similarities of these three girls. The plot isnt amazingly original or anything Im sure most of you havent read before, but the characters are nicely described and the theme of love for literature made me smile. I did shed a slight tear at one point in the story too. I must say Cordy was definately my favourite character and she was certainly the one I could relate to most. I enjoyed the quotations although sometimes you just wanted to hear the characters have a real true conversation with eachother instead of using shakespeare as an outlet. I really did enjoy this tale of growing up and taking responsability for your actions. If you have a few days off its a perfect fireside read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Weird Sisters.

01/15/2012 page 288