Merredith's Reviews > The Book of Dahlia

Jan 06, 12

bookshelves: hallmark-type-books, didnt-finish
Recommended to Merredith by: Carina Ost
Read in December, 2011, read count: 1/2

My friend recomended this book to me and I really tried to read it. This is a novel about a woman in her late 20s named Dahlia. She is spoiled and lazy. Her dad pays for everything, she has no job, no hobbies, all she does is smoke pot and watch tv. She doesn't even really have friends. One day she has a seizure and discovers she has a brain tumor and is dying. It's sad. But even though i feel badly for Dahlia, she's annoying. She's grating and her family is grating and the story is boring. I only got to page 104, I kept trying to read this book, but i was pretty much forcing myself, waiting for it to get less annoying. It wasn't and i just gave up. Yup, I didn't finish it. I can't say that i'd have a good attitude if i found out i was dying of cancer and had a failed life like Dahlia, but i wouldn't write a book about it. This book is highly rated so it's obvious that many have the opposite opinion of me so maybe you'll like it, but I just really don't.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Dahlia.

12/28/2011 page 62
24.0% "this should be a sad book, its so wordy i can barely understand or stand to read it. gonna try tho."
01/01/2012 page 104
41.0% "depressing, but still not in an interesting way. its difficult to read."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carina (new)

Carina Ost Sorry it was no good. I loved her short story so figured I'd love her book. Maybe I'll give a try later.

Merredith Carina wrote: "Sorry it was no good. I loved her short story so figured I'd love her book. Maybe I'll give a try later."
you might.. we dont have the same taste!